Firefighter oral board interview

Jason Jones

Feb 9, 2020
I passed my written exam, my physical agility test and feel that I excelled at the oral board interview but have yet to receive a call for the chief's interview. This has been a week and a half. Rookie school starts in 2 and a half weeks (I am Firefighter 1 & 2 certified but it is protocol for everyone to attend rookie school). They told me they would give me plenty of time to give my current job 2 weeks notice. Should I take this as they are not going to call and that I did not get the job? Is it improper etiquette to call the HR department to check the status of my application process?

Reactions: Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 28, 2018
I passed my written exam, my physical agility test and feel that I excelled at the oral board interview but have yet to receive a call for the chief's interview. This has been a week and a half. Rookie school starts in 2 and a half weeks (I am Firefighter 1 & 2 certified but it is protocol for everyone to attend rookie school). They told me they would give me plenty of time to give my current job 2 weeks notice. Should I take this as they are not going to call and that I did not get the job? Is it improper etiquette to call the HR department to check the status of my application process?
Hey Jason,

Is this department located in Tennessee? We are going to post this question for you on our social accounts.