DynCorp, KBR, and SallyPort Opportunities

AlexE_123

Jun 25, 2018
To all,

I was wondering if anyone on firefighter jobs is employed with one of the following companies above doing contract firefighting overseas? I have been applying to all three companies for the past two months and unfortunately have had no luck in a recruiting representative contacting me. I have all my D/O certs (Aerial, ARFF, MWS, Pumper), Airport Firefighter, Hazmat Technician and my EMT-B. All from IFSAC and ProBoard. The following questions I have are:

How is the hiring process like for the following companies?

Are there any automatic "red flags" that these companies search for that could disqualify an applicant?

How is the everyday life as an overseas contract firefighter?

How is the pay?

Thanks in advance!

AlexE_123

Jun 25, 2018
***Update***

Recently got a job offer working for a contracting company. Here’s how it went:

Found an online job posting looking for a firefighter overseas. The job stated that all your basic IFSAC certificates were required as well as your Driver/Operator certificates (Airport FF, FFI & FFII, Hazmat Awareness, D/O ARFF, Tanker, Pumper). I had the basic certs as well as a few others and got an email from the company stating they were interested in me and asked when I am available for an interview. Conducted the interview, told me they will follow up in a week. Job was offered to me, I accepted.

Depending on the company, you will either do your physical by a local clinic in your area or you will be flown to Texas to get your physical done. Contracting is most likely in a ‘deployed’ environment so depending how ‘rough’ your situation is (how dangerous the country is, wifi capabilities, climate, etc.) the more (or less) your pay will be. The job offer I was given provided food and housing paid for and a travel stipend of $4,000. After exchanging a few emails and signing numerous documents, I got my deployment date a month after I was offered the position. The deployment date varies with everyone based on your medical records (that you provided to their contracted doctor), your background investigation (again the information you provided to them), and your VISA approval to work in said country. They paid for my flight and one days worth of a hotel and I began working. It is NOT uncommon for them to email you and not hear back from them for several weeks. This however, is NOT to say that they won’t terminate the job offer if they find something in your investigation/records they do not approve of.

To my knowledge and from asking around, anywhere in the Middle East is between $100,000 to $150,000. Anywhere outside of the Middle East can range between $50,000 and $90,000. There are many applicants applying to contract firefighting. It is not impossible, but it is difficult.

This is all from my experience and may vary with others.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 28, 2018
Thanks for the update! It looks like a great opportunity! If you get any photos or want to share any experiences please post them.

Be safe and good luck!

Rogo725

Jan 10, 2019
I did PAE in Antarctica. It was an awesome experience. A couple friends are FF’s and chiefs out in the Middle East and pacific islands. If you’re single, it’s a great option.

Reactions: Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 28, 2018
I did PAE in Antarctica. It was an awesome experience. A couple friends are FF’s and chiefs out in the Middle East and pacific islands. If you’re single, it’s a great option.
Any chance you have any pictures you could post of your experience while you were there? Thanks for your reply!

Kaveman757

Jun 18, 2019
***Update***

Recently got a job offer working for a contracting company. Here’s how it went:

Found an online job posting looking for a firefighter overseas. The job stated that all your basic IFSAC certificates were required as well as your Driver/Operator certificates (Airport FF, FFI & FFII, Hazmat Awareness, D/O ARFF, Tanker, Pumper). I had the basic certs as well as a few others and got an email from the company stating they were interested in me and asked when I am available for an interview. Conducted the interview, told me they will follow up in a week. Job was offered to me, I accepted.

Depending on the company, you will either do your physical by a local clinic in your area or you will be flown to Texas to get your physical done. Contracting is most likely in a ‘deployed’ environment so depending how ‘rough’ your situation is (how dangerous the country is, wifi capabilities, climate, etc.) the more (or less) your pay will be. The job offer I was given provided food and housing paid for and a travel stipend of $4,000. After exchanging a few emails and signing numerous documents, I got my deployment date a month after I was offered the position. The deployment date varies with everyone based on your medical records (that you provided to their contracted doctor), your background investigation (again the information you provided to them), and your VISA approval to work in said country. They paid for my flight and one days worth of a hotel and I began working. It is NOT uncommon for them to email you and not hear back from them for several weeks. This however, is NOT to say that they won’t terminate the job offer if they find something in your investigation/records they do not approve of.

To my knowledge and from asking around, anywhere in the Middle East is between $100,000 to $150,000. Anywhere outside of the Middle East can range between $50,000 and $90,000. There are many applicants applying to contract firefighting. It is not impossible, but it is difficult.

This is all from my experience and may vary with others.
Recently applied to a few contracts with DynCorp, wondering on how was your experience overseas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Admin